Moto G6 from Motorola was first launched in 2013. By that time, no one predicted that it would become the most popular phone of all time. Now in 2018, Motorola launched the Moto G6 Plus. Among the all Moto G6 series, Moto G6 Plus is the largest.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus Specifications
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front and back; 160×75.5x8mm; 167 grams; p2i water-repellent nano-coating.
- Misc: A Front-mounted fingerprint sensor, FM radio, 3.5mm jack, front-firing single speaker.
- Rear cameras: Main camera: 12MP, 1.4µm pixels, f/1.7 aperture, dual-pixel autofocus; dual tone, dual LED flash; 2160p video recording. Secondary camera: 5MP, f/2.2 aperture.
- Display: 5.9″ IPS LCD, 2,160×1,080px resolution, 407ppi.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture; fixed focus; single LED flash; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- Memory: 4GB/6GB of RAM; 64GB/128GB of storage; dedicated microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,200mAh Li-Ion (sealed); 15W TurboPower fast charging (Qualcomm QuickCharge 4 compatible).
- OS/Software: Android 8.0 Oreo; Moto experience customizations.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630: octa-core 2.2GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 508 GPU.
- Connectivity: Single SIM and dual SIM versions, market dependent; USB Type-C (v2.0); dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS, GLONASS; NFC; Bluetooth 5.
Lookwise there is not much difference between G6 Plus and G6. There is a slight difference between the size but that is not noticeable by eye or when in the hand. The G6 plus isn’t really a budget phone.
There is no add-on color trims, no plastic to be seen anywhere and no removable back. In the box, there is also a transparent phone cover included. Moto G6 Plus comes with Gorilla Glass 3 on the front as well as back. Just like the Moto G6, the fingerprint reader is on the front below the screen. With this fingerprint reader, it is very easy to unlock the phone but the phone also comes with face-unlock. The power and the volume buttons are on the right edge of the phone. On the top edge, there are the single nano-SIM and microSD combo tray. And, on the bottom edge of the phone, there are a 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port.
Cameras and Battery
Moto G6 Plus comes with the most advanced camera setup of the G Series. There are dual rear cameras. One is of 12Mp and the other is of 5MP. Front camera of the phone is of 8MP. The quality of the camera is good as compared to Moto G6 in low-light. That’s because of the wider aperture.
Motorola G6 Plus comes with a 3200mAh battery which is 200mAh more than the Moto G6. On a regular use, the battery can last for a day.
Motorola G6 Plus comes with the Android operating system. It is close to Google’s stock, making for a clean and easy-to-use experience. There is Moto voice in the phone. Moto Actions, Moto Display, and Moto Key are the 3 aspects of the Moto app. There are many beneficial software features like silencing calls when flipping the phone, keeping the display on as you look at it and using the device to unlock a Windows laptop when in proximity. All these features can be controlled individually.