IRCTC’s mobile app has changed the rules to book tickets. Let us know that Indian Railways is the fourth largest railway network in the world. In the past few years, the Railways have made significant changes to the facilities of ticket booking, which are being used by the passengers. If you want to book tickets in any train, you can now book tickets 120 days ago. However, this facility is not available for booking tickets in a few selected trains.
In addition, if your IRCTC account has your Aadhar card link then you can book 12 tickets from your account in one month. Also, the rules of refund have also been modified. Let us know about these new rules of railway:
New rules for booking tickets online
- If you want to book tickets, you can book your travel ticket 120 days in advance. If your account is not linked to Aadhaar card, then you will not be able to book more than 6 tickets in a month.
- If your account is linked to Aadhaar card, then you can book 12 tickets in a month from your account.
- Keep in mind that according to the new rules, you will not be able to book more than two tickets between 8 am and 10 am in the morning from an account.
- You will be able to book an immediate ticket only one day before the journey. If you want to book an immediate ticket in AC, you can book tickets immediately from 10am. If you want to book a sleeper class ticket then you will book at 11 a.m.
- To book an instant ticket, you can book only two tickets between 10 a.m. and 12 noon from your account. You will be able to book more tickets since 12 noon.
- Once you log in, you will be able to book only one instant ticket. (Excluding return ticket)
- Single pages and quick booking services will not be available from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. A user will be able to log in once.
- Agents can also book tickets only from 8 am to 8:30 pm, from 10 am to 10:30 pm and from 11 am to 11:30 pm Travel agents will not be able to book tickets immediately in the first half an hour. It means that it will be easier for travelers to book tickets now.
- When booking tickets online, the information of the passengers will be filled within 25 seconds, otherwise the time-out will be done. Also the time to fill the captcha is set to 5 seconds.
- When making online payment, passengers will need to enter OTP information to verify the booking. Only then will you be able to book tickets.
Railways have also made changes in the rules of refund. Refund of book booked can be done in the following conditions
- If the train is running late for three hours from the scheduled departure.
- If the route of the train has been diverted and the travelers are not willing to travel by that route, then the refund of the ticket will be able to claim.
- If the passenger has been shifted from the booked ticket to the lower class then he will be able to claim his refund. If the passengers agree to travel in that class, then the difference between both classes will be refunded.
Travel tickets will also be able to transfer
If you have booked a ticket in your name and you can not travel on that day for some reason then you will be able to transfer your ticket. For this, you must inform Chief Reservation Officer 24 hours before the trip. You must provide the Chief Reservation Officer with information about the traveler who travels to you. Keep in mind that the person traveling to your place is a member of your family