The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the deadline for linking the PAN-base to March 31 next year. This is the fifth time when the government has extended the time limit for connecting people’s pens on their basis. The Income Tax Department’s policy-making unit issued this order late last night under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act. Earlier, the CBDT had extended this deadline on March 27. The new order states that the time limit for linking the PAN – basis for filing income tax returns is being extended after considering ‘the matter’. It is believed that the new order of CBDT has come in the backdrop of the order of the Supreme Court in which instructions were given to increase the time limit of March 31 2018, to link the base with other services.
The deadline for linking base-pan has been increased four times. For the first time 31 July 2017, 31 August 2017 for the first time, 31 December 2017 for the third time and the deadline for June 30 2018, for the fourth time. However, no order of new deadline has been reached till the news is written.
Follow this steps to link Pan-Aadhar
- Open the link by clicking on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarPrelogin.html.
- As soon as you click on this link, you will be redirected to the existing page to link directly to the PAN-Aadhaar card. Here you have to enter all the details of the base and the PAN card.
- If all the details match, enter your base number and click on ‘Link Now’.
- If you have all the information right then its information will be screened. Here the focus is that your base number will be linked to the PAN card only when the information written in both of them will be completely identical.
- After that, the message of ACO PAN-Aadhar link will appear in front and thus your Aadhar card will be linked