Android – How to change IMEI Number using SDK Emulator
IMEI is the loophole in security of your device. IMEI is a 14 digits (+1) number that is been given to all smartphones. It is created in such a way that it is almost impossible to change it but hey! Nothing is impossible. Here we will tell you the step by step procedure to change your Android IMEI in few minutes using SDK Emulator.
How to Change IMEI of Your Android –
- First of all you have to download the SDK Emulator.
- Also you will need Hex Editor like Xvi32 so download it too.
- Now extract the file xvi32_251 from the downloaded package.
- Run xvi32.exe as administrator.
- After this, make sure you are not running a virtual machine. Now go to menu -> File and then click to Open and open “emulator-arm.exe” in C:\Programmi (x 86) \Android\android-sdk\tools.
- Now again go to Menu -> Search and click to Find (or you can use Ctrl + F) and find “CGSN”. It will help us to find the IMEI.
- Changing the IMEI – Go to first zero and type new code. Make sure that you don’t make any mistake because everything can’t be made alright by just using ‘Delete’.
- Your IMEI is now changed, start virtual machine using AVD.
So this is one of the many ways you can change the IMEI number of your Android. There are many other methods too so if you are finding it a little confident then you can try others too but make sure whatever you do, do it very carefully with full concentration. Changing the number is not a hard task but it need full concentration since it may damage your Android which can’t be recovered. If you have any other query then ask us in comments.
Other tutorials on changing IMEI number –