Everything is getting advanced day by day in this technology era. Nothing is left today which is not having technology touch. Things have become very mode and advanced. Let us take a further step in the same techno revolution. If you are a SBI customer and want to activate SMS alerts on your mobile phone then you can register yourself for it in minutes. Just follow the article to know the way. Another good thing with this registration is that you don’t have to visit the branch for activating it but there is a simple way, track it out in the due course.
Steps to Register Yourself for SMS Alerts from State Bank of India:
- Go to any of the SBI ATM.
- Insert your card in the ATM.
- Select ‘Mobile Registration’.
- Now go for ‘SMS/Mobile Registration’.
- Now a new window will appear asking you the mobile number on which you want to message the alerts.
- After confirming your mobile number if your registration is successful then a message will be shown in your transaction slip that is “Your request for registration has been accepted”.
- If your registration is not successful then try the above steps again from the starting. If you are still not able to register then sorry to say but you have to visit the branch to ask what is the problem behind it. You may try it from other SBI ATM also before going to the branch.
Now enjoy the new technology in your hands and feel relax. Now you will get all the updates of your bank account like of cash submission or withdrawal on your mobile phone. These SMS alerts will prove very helpful to you.Technology has made things very easy and comfortable, so enjoy it and bring flexibility in your life.
- The mobile number you have provided at your branch while opening an account will be used for sending SMS alerts.
- SMS alerts will be only be sent to mobile number registered at your branch. If your mobile number is not registered with the branch, please contact your branch.
- SMS alerts are based on your account activity only. You need to login to Inteet banking to set or update alerts for an account. However please note that if your account is inactive /dormant or closed, you may not receive SMS alerts.
- To add/update your mobile number, please visit your branch. For NRI a written communication need to be sent to the branch through post